Our laboratory features three (3) state-of-the-art boundary layer wind tunnel facilities, each having overall dimensions of 2.0m x 3.0m x 23m.
One of Windtech’s 3 Wind Tunnels
- Windtech’s wind tunnel No.1 also features a blockage tolerant design in the test section as well as a large plenum design to generate low turbulence for wind tunnel testing of bridge deck sections.
- Windtech uses an advanced high-frequency force balance and aeroelastic rig designs to accurately determine the overturning moments on the tall building structures.
- Statistical analyses is carried out of the peak pressure signals to provide a reliable statistical peak pressure.
- Windtech Consultants use analysis techniques that are a result of 25 years of research and development and represent international best practice standards.
- Measurements of local wind speeds for Wind Environment Studies are obtained using hot wire anemometry, which is the most reliable technique currently available, particularly in highly turbulent flows.
- Windtech Consultants can also test the performance of facade elements for quantities such as discharge coefficient, wind-noise generation, rain-noise and the integrity of the facade elements under serviceability loads
Windtech’s Wind Tunnel No.1
Windtech’s Wind Tunnel No.2
Windtech’s Wind Tunnel No.3