Better Apartments Design Standards are now in effect in VictoriaApril 19th, 2017
As of March 2017, all new apartments developed in Victoria must meet the newly introduced Better Apartments Design Standards. These policy guidelines will influence the design of apartment development in Melbourne for years to come.
A key objective of the new standards is energy efficiency for all dwellings. New developments must reduce fossil fuel energy use and make appropriate use of daylight and solar energy to ensure that they achieve adequate thermal efficiency.
To ensure energy efficiency, developments must not exceed the specified maximum NatHERS annual cooling load. NatHERS is the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme which ensures dwellings are comfortable for its residents while also helping save on energy bills through smarter design choices. Windtech can ensure that each dwelling within the development satisfies the specified maximum NatHERS annual cooling load.
Windtech Consultants has extensive experience in undertaking energy efficiency studies through the use of industry standard NatHERS software (BERS Pro). Windtech has researched the comparative costs of different paths for compliance and is therefore well equipped to assist both developers and designers to determine the most cost effective solutions to satisfy the energy efficiency component of the Better Apartments Design Standards.
BASIX Certificates in New South Wales
Windtech has many years’ of experience determining the energy efficiency of residential buildings and has assisted numerous developers and designers to achieve compliance with BASIX assessment standards in New South Wales.
The Building Sustainability Index (Basix) aims to deliver equitable and effective water and greenhouse gas reduction through efficient design of the development. Thermal modelling of the residential components of the development are made to determine the amount of energy that each dwelling requires to maintain thermal comfort throughout the year. If it is established that a dwelling does not meet the thermal performance criteria, various forms of treatments will be added to the thermal model in consultation with the client and/or architect. Windtech staff are highly skilled in understanding the comparative costs of alternative paths to achieve compliance and does not charge extra for this additional modelling.
BASIX also helps reduce water and energy consumption therefore providing substantial long term financial savings and sustainability. BASIX certification is mandatory for all residential developments in NSW.
Whether you are in need of meeting the Better Apartments Design Standards in Victoria, or a BASIX assessment in New South Wales, Windtech can provide a prompt, experienced and cost effective service today.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Address 607 Forest Road, Bexley NSW 2207 Australia
- CTBUH 2017 Session Spotlight
- 2017 Property Council of Australia Awards
- Better Apartments Design Standards are now in effect in Victoria
- How to Avoid Getting Burnt by Buildings
- Wind Uplift of Paver Pedestal Systems
- Advanced Modelling for Comfort to Enhance the Experience of Shopping Centre Customers
- Windtech Consultants featured in Engineers Australia Magazine
- Resorts World, Las Vegas
- Advanced Thermal Comfort Modelling for Sustainable Building Design
- Windtech Relocates To A Larger Facility
- Hallets Point, New York
- Pedestrian Microclimate Testing in London
- Jewel Changi Airport, Singapore
- Marina 106
- Wind-Induced Noise from Developments
- Cemindo Tower Jakarta
- Bab Al Qasr, Abu Dhabi close to completion
- Wind-Induced Dynamic Response of a Pedestrian Bridge in Riyadh
- Shiva Statue
- Swaying Skyscrapers
- News Article on Melbourne Project
- Export Award
- Wind Environment
- Wind load response correlation studies (LRC)